|IF YOU RESIDE IN THE COUNTRY
During the period from January 2 to October 15 every year (working days and hours) you should go to Municipal or Neighborhood Recruiting Meetings at town halls and Delegaciones Politicas in Mexico City respectively, taking the following documents with you:
- Five b/w or color photos (35x45 mm), facing to the front, trimmed moustache, no beard, no earrings nor other piercings on the face, no eyeglasses, not hat, no touching up, white background to allow features to be clear.
- Copy certified by the Registry Office of the birth certificate and one photocopy of the above copy.
- Proof of address (basic services) and a photocopy of it.
- photocopy of the certificate of studies.
- C.U.R.P. (Population Registration Id Code).
Once you hand in the above mentioned documents, you will receive your Military Identity Card at no cost. Likewise, you will be told about the date and time you have to come back to participate in the drafting lottery, which will take place every Sunday of November every year. IF YOUR RESIDE ABROAD
You have to drop by the nearest Mexican Consulate during working days and hours, during the above mentioned period, taking with you, in addition to the above referred documents, the following papers:
TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR MILITARY SERVICE BEFORE YOU ARE 18 YEARS OLD
- Naturalization document (Original and two copies).
- Document with the declaration of Mexican nationality by birth, issued by the Foreign Affairs Secretariat.
- Foreign passport, Id card or other document certifying the other nationality.
If you are 16-17 years old and want to comply with your Military Service duty, you should request this at the Personnel General Directorate (CENTRAL RECRUITING OFFICE) of the National Defense Secretariat or at the Military Zone Recruiting Office near your municipality, with the following documents:
- Written request.
- Consent of a parent or tutor.
- Birth certificate certified by the Registry Office.
- Certification of studies or work.
Last Updated on Thursday, 26 July 2012 13:20